Improve your home’s thermal efficiency
Ever-increasing power prices coupled with climate change, means that improved energy performance for your home has never been more important.
- Heating and cooling can account for up to 40% of the energy used in an average home.
- Up to 40% of a home’s heating energy can be lost and up to 87% of its heat gained through its windows*
- Window furnishings such as shutters, blinds and curtains can be used to improve the thermal efficiency of your windows
- Plantation shutters can improve the energy performance of windows by up to:
- 68% for cooling
- 24% for heating
- External roller shutters can improve the energy performance of your windows by up to:
- 74% for cooling
- 28% for heating
- Cellular (or honeycomb) blinds can reduce energy loss by around 30%
- Block out blinds not only keep out the light, they are energy efficient too
- Security screens – and even simple fly screens – improve ventilation and reduce the need for running the air conditioner. They also help stop UV rays hitting the glass, thus reducing heat transference through the window.
At ASI Security we are proud to offer a number of products that not only enhance your home’s appearance and security, but will also help improve its energy efficiency.
Shutters & Blinds Reduce Heat Gain In Summer
Shutters & Blinds Reduce Heat Loss In Winter
Talk to the team at ASI Security today about improved energy performance for your home using thermally efficient window coverings.